Thursday, December 6, 2012

Mmmm... Wild Rice and Tators!

Earlier today, I inundated my friends and the people who follow my blog with posts about the salmon marinade I made (and blogged about) a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't put pictures on the post, so I decided to do so today, considering I made it for dinner tonight so I was able to get pictures this time around.

Well, if you somehow escaped me talking about the salmon recipe earlier, here is a link to it. And if you did see it, thanks for reading my blog and I hope you have the same good luck making it! And here's a couple side dishes that I made for the salmon entree tonight!

Skillet Potatoes

Ingredients
  • 5 medium-sized potatoes, cubed
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 8 sweet, mini peppers, chopped
  • 1/2 package sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 t paprika
  • 1 t garlic powder
  • 2 T extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Chop potatoes, onion, and peppers and mince garlic.
  2. Put into container with lid with all other ingredients.
  3. Shake up until everything is mixed together evenly.
  4. Cook in skillet over medium heat til potatoes are cooked through.
 
Wild Rice in the Rice Cooker
Ingredients
  • 1 C wild rice and grain mixture
  • 1 C low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 C water
  • 1/2-1 t Cavander's Greek seasoning (to taste)
Directions
  1. Put all ingredients into rice cooker and stir to mix in Cavander's. Push button to cook.
  2. Wait til rice cooker is done.
  3. Serve right away and put a pat of butter on top... And some salt and pepper if you'd like!
(If you want to make plain wild rice in the rice cooker, use two cups liquid to one cup wild rice.)

And voila! Pretty easy dinner (minus all the chopping) and plenty of leftovers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment