Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Favorite, Flavorful Salmon Marinade Recipe

Good evening! I just wanted to make sure I posted this. A few nights ago, Dan and I had my parents over for dinner. We didn't have a lot to work with as far as ingredients. We had some frozen salmon (the kind that comes in bags) and spices. So we used some of the leftover Thanksgiving sides for the sides and marinated the salmon in the most amazing marinade I've ever come up with. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
  • 3-6 pieces of bagged salmon (or tiliapia-we had one piece of that and it was amazing, too!)
  • 1/4 C brown sugar
  • 1/4 C low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 C olive oil
  • 2 T lemon pepper
  • 1 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil (or 1 T dried basil)
  • 1 T thyme
Directions
Combine all ingredients except salmon, mix thouroughly. Put mixture into large ziplock baggie. Put salmon into bag. Let sit in marinade for 30 minutes (or longer-I put mine in for about two hours), turning a few times. Cook on grill til cooked through, roughly 5-6 minutes on each side depending on thickness of salmon.

All the stuff you need.


Bag it up!

And voila! It's delicious! And if you aren't a fish-lover but you want to find a way to work more healthy salmon into your diet, this is the recipe for you. I promise, you will not be let down.

4 comments:

  1. sounds amazing! I make one similar but add some powdered ginger, too. just watched Brave, it made me want salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last night and it was awesome!! You should add a picture to the post so I can pin it.

    ReplyDelete