Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote, Pour Yourself a Cocktail, Relax!

It's time to pour a celebratory cocktail for yourself...

What's the cause to celebrate? The campaigning is almost over. We've gone out and we've all (hopefully) voted and we've all done all that we can to get our guy elected because we believe that ther person we voted for would make a positive change in our country. No matter what happens, none of us are going to die from election results. Friends, it's time to heave a collective sigh of relief, regardless of the winners and losers because guess what. We can all start liking each other again. For the record, this election hasn't made me really dislike anyone, but I've heard that's a common happening. And guess what else?! We can all start having conversations that aren't related to politics for a little while! YES! I find myself doing it just as much as everyone else. But sometimes I think, "Wow, did we have hobbies before this? Did we talk about music and movies or something?"

But all of that aside, election day is one of my favorite days. I love seeing people being so patriotic. I love the act of casting my ballot. I love the mixture of excitement and nervousness while watching the votes come in on TV. It's so amazing that we get to do this. It's also amazing that it's becoming uncommon not to vote. I LOVE MY COUNTRY!

My other reason to be excited? My blog is ALMOST to 4,000 views! That's a big number for a girl that doesn't know how to promote her own blog besides through her Facebook. This blog has become so good for me. Why, you ask? Well, I'm basically a housewife. I stay at home with my son most days. I do hair a couple of days a week, but other than that, I am a stay-at-home mom. Which I am by NO means complaining about. But through all the dish-washing, laundry-folding, diaper-changing, meal-making, etc., etc., I can see how some women feel like their identity has been ripped away from them when they start staying home with their child. So no matter how many views this blog has, it has given me a way to make my daily duties seem relevant to someone other than my husband and my child. I like that feeling.

So, with all of that said, I will share with you a cocktail I found on Pinterest that was FULL of unncecessary calories that I trimmed down quite a bit. To 121 calories to be exact. And it's delicious. And... it's a good drink for the holiday season!
Don't you think you deserve a drink?

Ingredients
  • 1 oz. 80 proof vodka
  • 2 oz. regular ginger ale (or Canada Dry makes a cranberry ginger ale during the holidays that's amazing...)
  • 2 oz. apple cider
  • 4 oz. Ocean Spray light cranberry juice
  • ice
  • water (optional)
Put it all (except the water) in a shaker, shake it up, pour into a glass. Then, to make my drink appear larger, I top my drink off with a little water. I do this with every mixed drink I make because it's an easy way to "fool" yourself into thinking you're getting more. And if you want to make it all fancy (like the one I made that is pictured) you can add a few thin slices of apple and some fresh cranberries. Beautiful!

Cheers, friends! Cheers to being able to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment