Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stats!

Happy Sunday morning, my friends! If you read my blog with any regularity, you won't be surprised to hear that I'm procrastinating again... I could have been done with my workout, showered, will my hair and makeup done to near perfection by now if I would have just woken up, had a quick cup of coffee, and worked out. But I've sat here in leisure, looking through Pinterest and enjoying my coffee. That's no problem, it's the weekend, right?

Well, anyway, I wasn't going to write a post today. I was looking for an old post to put up on my blog's Facebook page and I couldn't find the one I was looking for. BUT I did find one (click here to read it) that offered up some much-needed personal statistics for me. Last July, I was plateauing. Not for the first time in my getting healthy journey, definitely not the last time. In fact, it's happening again. And I want to tell you all something, in case you hadn't noticed (which I'm sure most of you have). When you work out really hard and eat really healthful things, it somehow doesn't mean that you're going to see a change on the scale from week to week. Sometimes even month to month. It sometimes doesn't mean that you're going to go down in jeans sizes or have to use a different hole on your belt.

Basically, the only thing you can do is just keep doing the right thing. Even if the results take longer than the amount of time you think you deserve to see results in, just keep going.

So here's these stats. Since my "plateau" in July 2012 (just over a year ago. Really, it hasn't been that long). I have lost 17 more pounds. That's pretty much a pound a month. The weight isn't just dripping off of me, but looking back on a year, 17 pounds is a big deal! In total, I've lost 35 pounds in almost two years. I surpassed my previous goal weight and am one pound away from my new goal weight. I actually run when I'm out for a run. I don't walk fast and convince myself that it's jogging. I go on 10-20 mile bike rides multiple times weekly. I work out with heavier weights more often during the week. AND. Here's something. I don't ever eat fast food anymore. Not because it isn't delicious, not because I don't have a craving every now and then. Mostly because my mind has retained memories of how awful I feel after I eat junk.



I wish I would have taken "before" pictures when I started all of this, but I didn't. Thankfully, I've been documenting a good chunk of what's happened in this blog. It makes it easier to just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment