Saturday, July 28, 2012

So I'm Plateauing. Again.

First: Detox bath: The day after.

So I woke up (after a LOVELY sleep, which I had NO problem falling into) and felt slightly more limber. My ankles didn't ache like they usually do, but they were still stiff. I'm thinking a few more sessions of this and I might see a bigger difference. I also woke up with EXTREME dry mouth. So if you're going to do this I would recommend two things. Don't have a glass of wine or any beverage that will dehydrate you when you're done and drink a TON of water before, during, and after. Oh! And the baking soda made my feet super soft!

Verdict: Still SO worth it.

Now. Onto what the title says. I'm plateauing again... In the weight department. This is what happened for three months when I started working out. I stayed at the exact. Same. Weight. For three months. Then it just started magically falling off of me. I wish it still was falling off of me, but again, I've been at the same weight for almost two weeks. The scale is evil, I swear it.



I can probably attribute some of this to the fact that the temperatures outside are 100ยบ or higher every day (it's finally cooled off to the mid-eighties) and they've been that way for the last month or so. So I'm not getting my usual bicycle ride or walk or half-ass jog in (I say half-ass because it's usually been 10 minutes of me jogging and about 20 of brisk walking.) Maybe if I start doing these things again, I'll start dropping pounds again. I've still 3 pounds left before I meet my first goal weight (!!!!! I'm still pretty happy about that) and about 15 pounds away from "the ideal weight for my height" so I've still got some work to do.

Here's what I've got to do. I have to keep eating good things that encourage my body to work at it's best. I have to keep working out five times a week or more. I have to start pushing myself in my workouts a little more. I have to stop caving in when it comes to carbonated beverages... I will admit that while I rarely drink soda anymore, it is a serious weakness of mine. I wish everything could be carbonated and cola-flavored. YUM. But I know it's bad for me, so I will choose coffee and water and iced tea even more often. Okay, and while we're on this topic, I have to lay off the sandwiches when I go to restaurants. Man, there is something so amazing about a sandwich! It's name even. It's got everything on board. Meat, cheese, delicious bread and sauces, lettuce, tomato, onion... Sometimes it has sauerkraut, often it comes with a pickle spear on the side... How can anything ever be better? Oh, and it has such a lovely crunch... Sandwiches are perfect. And I have to walk away from them. One restaurant sandwich per month. That's the deal. And believe me, I will be getting the most ridiculous, extravagant burger with every kind of sauce and topping possible when I do cave and have that once-per-month sandwich.

Enough with the sandwich fantasy. We shall see if this plateau session lasts three months this time around. I will keep working. I have said this in a previous post or two. If you are stuck in the same place for days, weeks, months, KEEP GOING. It will change eventually and you will get somewhere. And even if you see the same number on the scale, it's okay when you start fitting into your old jeans. It's worth it. IT IS WORTH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment