Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rosemary Citrus Stove Top Potpourri

Happy New Year!

 It's been a really long time since I've posted anything. Life's been busy! One of my unspoken resolutions this year is to get back into blogging. So here I am!

 Today, I decided to use up some produce by making juice and finish some of the champagne left over from New Year's Eve. I juiced some oranges and grapefruits and mimosas were the end result. When I juice oranges, I usually keep the pulp and make muffins and use the rinds to make my house smell all fancy. I found this recipe a few years ago somewhere and I can't hunt it down, so I'll post my own variation of it so you can all enjoy it as well!



Ingredients

  • Rinds from 2-3 oranges
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • a few sprigs of rosemary
  • 1-2 C of water
Directions
  1. Roughly chop or rip rosemary and orange rinds.
  2. Place all ingredients into small pot.
  3. Put on medium heat until boiling, then reduce to simmer. 
  4. Breathe in.
  5. If the water gets low, just pour a little more in to make it last longer.
I don't know about you, but little things like this really make me feel like I've got it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment