Friday, November 30, 2012

Pinterest is My Workout Plan

I love Pinterest's Heath and Fitness board. If you haven't checked it out yet, please take 10 minutes (or more... it always turns into more than 10 minutes on Pinterest) to scroll through today or sometime this weekend.

Here are a few of the most useful pins I've found on Pinterest (and the websites that accompany them).

I have never done yoga before. I've been really curious about it for about a year, but I made myself learn how to work out first. One thing at a time, right? Well, two days ago, on my "free day" I decided to try the moves in the picture below. Some of them were quite difficult, one of them was an all-out plank (I loathe planking, but who doesn't?!), and some were simple. The website it comes from is Mind Body Green and the link shows all the poses separately and a detailed description of how to do them.


Link to Mind Body Green


Fitness Magazine has an awesome 48-hour program that outlines meal plans and workout routines for two days. It's called "The 48-Hour Weight-Loss Jump Start". If nothing else, it provides really great ideas for meals or snacks and some exercise moves that really get your heart rate going.
48-Hour Weight-Loss Jump Start
This. I don't have a source because everything I clicked on was one of those, "Try my program for $1,000 a day and see results and don't eat bananas" things... You know what I'm talking about. But anyway, these have been pinned and repinned so many times because they make it so easy for a person.
 
 
We're hosting a bicycle ride this weekend to raise money for Movember. So this beautiful meme from Greatist.com seems fitting. I love it. I would frame something like this.
Except it should say "I'm doing this for me. And for men's health."
That's all for today. I have hundreds more pins I could post that have been helpful or encouraging to me. Have a great weekend, everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment