Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe

The other day I went into our local health food store and they had a free sample of this delicious hummus. I didn't buy any because I believe that store-bought hummus (while delicious) is wayyyy overpriced. I looked at the ingredients and it sounded pretty simple. So I made it last night and it was amazing. Here's the recipe!

Ingredients
  • 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
  • 4 cloves pressed or diced garlic (more or less depending on your taste)
  • 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
  • juice from one lemon
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon tahini
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Put all ingredients into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with a few chopped roasted red peppers.
Pretty easy, huh? Pair a serving of it (1/8 of the entire recipe) with 2 stalks of celery and you have a VERY filling and energizing 100 calorie snack!

(To give credit where it's due, I always get my calorie content counts from caloriecount.about.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment