Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Camille's Rosemary Lemon Chicken

Here is a very easy recipe for a whole chicken that my mom taught me how to make and an easy way to make a side of potatoes. Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • Whole chicken
  • Fresh rosemary
  • Lemon
  • Salt and pepper
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325ยบ F. Meanwhile, rinse whole chicken thoroughly.
  2. Put chicken into a Dutch oven.
  3. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste all over chicken and into the cavity.
  4. Put two sprigs of rosemary under the skin and one in the cavity.
  5. Slice a lemon very thin. Put six slices under the skin (with the rosemary) and the rest of the lemon in the cavity.
  6. Bake for approximately two hours, depending on the size of the chicken. I checked the breast to ensure it was done at exactly two hours and it was.
  7. Let sit in Dutch oven with lid on until ready to eat.
Then I made a side of potatoes. I cut up a bunch of the small red potatoes, one whole onion, and sliced two cloves of garlic. I put them into a skillet on medium heat with about two tablespoons of olive oil. Then, I sprinkled some salt, pepper, and paprika onto them and let them cook, stirring occasionally, until they were fork-tender and the onions were totally translucent.

This is our fabulous meal. Yum, yum, yum.


2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I'm dont like cooking with whole animals though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! But you hardly have to handle it. It's really great. But I bet you could do the same thing with a chicken that's already pulled apart and throw it in the crock pot with some lemon slices and rosemary... I'll have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete