Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Protein Packed Breakfast Bowl

Mmmm. Breakfast. My favorite meal. Breakfast for breakfast is amazing enough, but breakfast for lunch or dinner... Unbeatable. While I really enjoy a good waffle or fat-laden omelet from time to time, during the week, I try to come up with food combinations that will keep me fueled all day and help repair my muscles from working out (not to mention the muscle pains that come from chasing and lifting a very healthy-sized two year old boy).

I recently stumbled upon this snack on Pinterest and it inspired me to turn it into a breakfast bowl by adding an egg and omitting a couple of other ingredients. I had it for breakfast this morning and (I promise) I have been filled with energy all day and have not had any potato chip/Oreo/peanut butter out of the jar cravings. Not to mention, this healthy, delicious, filling breakfast takes less than 10 minutes to put together.


Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 avocado, sliced
  • 1/2 C low fat cottage cheese
  • 1/2 C chopped tomatoes
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
  • Cayenne pepper to taste (optional. I personally like almost every food to be spicy)

Directions
  1. Scramble egg to desired consistency, adding pepper and cayenne pepper if desired.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. 
  3. Sprinkle on more black pepper, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment