Thursday, July 18, 2013

We > The Media

This was a much longer post.

I'm going to shorten it up. I'm tired of the media. Guess what, media? NEITHER SIDE CAN HAVE ME. You lost. BOTH SIDES. You're not getting me. I refuse to be of the far left, I refuse to be of the far right. I am going to stay smack-effing-dab in the middle and try to continue to look at every angle of things as objectively as I can. I will not be categorized as "right" or "left". Sorry, media. When it comes to swaying me, YOU LOSE. I will continue to believe in what I feel is right and good and just. And guess what? That puts me all over the board, politically. I will not choose a side. I will not hate someone because their opinion differs from mine. I will not tear someone down because they don't have the facts perfectly straight because of you, media. I will not label people or assume I understand where they're coming from. I will do my best not to judge. Obviously, judgement is not my job. I will slap a smile on my face and be happy and try my damnedest to be compassionate towards everyone. Except you, media. I have little compassion for you. You have bastardized so much lately. You've downplayed beautiful moments and you've twisted so many words. You've caused so much unnecessary pain. I'm not sure, media, why you're doing this, but I am OUT. Because I can't help thinking that there's some deep, dark, evil reasoning behind you, the media, trying to turn me against my sisters and brothers. At best, that evil entity is money. AT BEST. You're totally sick, media. You really are. You have all the potential to be helpful and kind. And yet all I am able to see are people attacking each others characters based on a difference in perspective.

And that is why I will no longer watch or read your flim-flam shit for news and get in arguments about things when I have 1/1,000,000 of the facts. When it comes to me, media, YOU LOSE. My brain will not be media-based mush anymore.

I'm going to my garden now with my book that has no wires and is not able to connect to a wifi network. And my coffee. Garden, book, coffee. SIMPLE, REAL THINGS.

I hope you all have an amazing day and I'm sorry for swearing (the original version was much worse, but having a two year old, I'm really trying to clean up my sailor mouth). I love you, friends, family, readers. I HATE YOU, MEDIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment