Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Spicy Black Bean Hummus with Cilantro


We're getting ready to go camping this weekend and I'm trying to keep some semi-clean food around, among the hot dogs and bread and chips and sugary margaritas... I've chopped up an entire watermelon (which, I swear, is one of my least favorite kitchen activities), I've boiled some eggs, I've bagged up some salad fixin's. AND I made some stellar spicy black bean hummus with cilantro.

Yeah, this will be the third time I've posted a hummus recipe. I don't care. It's a healthy dip. Those two words don't often go together, so when they do, I mean... Seriously. You have yourself a win/win.



Ingredients
  • 1 can black beans, drained and well-rinsed
  • 1 1/2 T tahini
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro, rinsed and chopped
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1/2 t cayenne pepper
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • salt to taste
Directions
  1. Combine black beans, lemon juice, and olive oil in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Add tahini, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and salt and blend until all ingredients are mixed.
  3. Serve with sliced veggies or some kind of delicious, unhealthy carby situation such as pita chips or crackers. Or any ol' chip would do.
I choose chips.

Have a happy Independence Day, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment