Saturday, September 22, 2012

Election Workout Madness

I said a few days ago that I was going to start doing 10 jumping jacks, push ups, or sit ups for every political post on Facebook and every political ad on TV. I am very proud to say that I have stuck to it. I also feel like I must mention that it was the WORST IDEA I HAVE EVER HAD. I did 170 jumping jacks, sit ups, and push ups today (a few of each) to catch up from yesterday. Mind you, I don't count my regular exercises in this. So this is in addition to my already 45 minute long, obnoxiously painful, hate-it-more-every-day-somehow workout.

Okay, now that my moment of whining is over with, I will say what I should about this. I have had quite a few friends decide to join me in this venture. That is amazing. What else about it is amazing? If you work out instead of getting angry about something, well, you're literally turning a negative into a positive. And it's not just something fleeting, either. It's something that will permanently and physically influence you.

Here's what I'm getting at. I'm done over 1,000 extra exercises in the last week because I got so fed up with being upset that I had to figure out a better way of dealing with it. Of my friends who are in this with me, how many have you done? Does it give you a strong dislike to all of the candidates? That's what happened to me... Of my friends and readers who aren't yet doing this, who wants to join us? It's not fun, but it's good. And there's still more than a month before the election, so there's plenty of time to get some good workouts in!

CORRECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment