Thursday, July 26, 2012

I don't want to.

6:50 am

I'm fighting with myself today about working out. I didn't yesterday, I didn't the day before. I've had "too much going on" and it's been too hot to go for a walk or bike ride (legitimately too hot, with temperatures over 100ยบ for what seems like FOREVER.)

I'm GOING to work out today. In about five minutes. But the reality is, if I would have started working out when I had planned to this morning instead of procrastinating (via Facebook)... I would already be done and probably showered, eating my breakfast, enjoying my coffee.

But. Here I sit. It's almost been five minutes again. 7am is rounding the corner. I hate working out after 7am. Don't ask me why. It's a quirk of mine, I guess. So. Here I go. I really don't want to do this. No way. I want to eat and shower and watch TV and not sweat today. But I'm fighting the urge (that is ALWAYS THERE FOR ME) to be lazy. I'll check back when the work out is done.



7:58 am

Done. Showered. Tingly. Yes, tingly. I get tingly after I work out, it's true. I'm pretty sure it's endorphins. Or "runner's high." On with my day. Here's how things will be better because of my 45 minute workout. I will be happier. I will be less likely to snap about something petty. I will be prepared for almost anything that comes my way. I will not feel guilty if we don't go for a walk or bicycle ride later this afternoon because I've already done my workout. I will not torture myself if I eat something that isn't nutritionally perfect. Again, I will be happier and my mind will be far less cluttered. I really need to stop fighting lazy Chelsea every single morning and just get on with it... It's going to hurt, but it's not going to hurt me.

Oh. Fun fact. I've been able to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans since Sunday. Comfortably. In fact, they look better than they ever did before I was pregnant. Woo hoo! Another goal reached!

No comments:

Post a Comment